- The student will demonstrate the skills necessary to practice autonomously
with competence, integrity, and compassion in a variety of settings across the
- The student will develop critical inquiry skills related to research.
- The student will communicate effectively and appropriately with diverse
populations including colleagues, patients and the public.
- The student will be an advocate for service to the profession, patients,
and the community.
- The faculty will engage in teaching, scholarly activities, the promotion
of evidence-based practice, and the pursuit of continuous professional
- The faculty will participate in activities related to service to the
university, the profession and the community.
- The program, through its diverse faculty and students, will show a
commitment to the profession of physical therapy through service, leadership
- The program will promote the health of minority and underserved populations
through engagement in prevention and wellness activities in teaching, research
- The program will produce graduates who are representative of and who will
serve a multicultural society.