Department of Physical Therapy
The Department of Physical Therapy provides a quality physical therapy education in a multicultural environment with particular emphasis on the needs of the disadvantaged and underserved. The Department of Physical Therapy prepares graduates who will practice autonomously with competence, integrity, and compassion in a variety of settings. The graduates will contribute to the profession and to the community through scholarship, service and leadership.
Application Deadline for Fall 2016
The application deadline for the admitting class of fall 2016 is Thursday, January 15, 2016. This is the due date for submission of ALL application documents.
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to the graduating class of 2015 for a current licensure pass rate of 100%. Seventeen of the 19 students have taken the NPTE and all have passed! We are so proud of you!
- Welcome to our new class of 28 students (Class of 2018). We are so happy you have joined us and your new Home by the Sea!
- Dr. Brian Edmunds has been elected to the Neurodevelopmental Treatment Association Board of Directors.
- Dr. Yolanda Rainey was accepted into the Virginia Geriatric Education Center Faculty Development Program in Interprofessional Education.
- Open House is scheduled for October 7, 2015 at noon and November 14, 2015 from 1pm - 3pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-727-5260 for more details.
- For more information about departmental activities, visit our OnTheMove@HUPT page.