Pre-Health (Pre-Medical) Program
The Pre-Health Program at Hampton University provides a variety of medical education activities, including a pre-professional timeline, medical school application advice and support (beginning in the freshman year and continuing toward graduation) to Hampton (undergraduate) premedical students pursuing careers in medicine, dentistry, and the allied health professions.
Hampton has established pipeline or early identification programs for undergraduates to five U.S. medical schools:
- Boston University School of Medicine
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Marshall University School of Medicine
- Meharry Medical College School of Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College of Virginia
- Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
Premedical students interested in obtaining doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry, osteopathic medicine, podiatry, veterinary medicine, optometry, chiropractic, and public health/health care administration, should apply to become a member of the Pre-Health Program. Juniors, sophomores, second-semester freshmen, who possess a minimum 2.75 GPA (Grade Point Average), are eligible for membership. The Pre-Health Program headquarters is located in Turner Hall, Room 110.
Please Note: This application is for currently enrolled Hampton University students. If you are not currently enrolled, please do not complete this application.
Apply online by visiting http://docs.hamptonu.edu/forms/premed/.
If you would prefer to download and print the application form and submit your applicaiton by mail, please use this form.
Since 2002, the Pre-Health / Medical Science programs have enrolled 285 Hamptonians in the following professional programs:
HU Biology/Pre-Dental Alumnae Dr. Sharla Wyatt celebrates her graduation from Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry.
- 211 students enrolled in medical school
- 27 students enrolled in osteopathic medical school
- 26 students enrolled in dental school
- 4 students enrolled in veterinary medical school
- 4 students enrolled in physical therapy school
- 1 student enrolled in podiatric medical school
- 1 student enrolled in chiropractic medical school
- 1 student enrolled in optometry school
- 7 students enrolled in public health or health administration school
* Ninety-seven percent (97%) of these students are African-American.
The application process for this year (2016) is currently in progress.
Mr. Michael D. Druitt, MS
Department Mailing Address:
School of Science / Medical Science
110 Turner Hall
Hampton, VA 23668