JSA Minority Undergraduate Research Assistantship (MURA)
Jefferson Lab is seeking candidates for a research assistantship from an accredited university to provide an opportunity for a minority undergraduate student to work on projects that are part of the Lab's research program or directly related to the scientific or engineering aspects of the research program. JSA will provide funds to support the student at the university during the 2013 - 2014 academic year. This assistantship is funded by JSA Initiatives Fund Program.
The funds are to support a student on a project related to research at Jefferson Lab.
- The student will work at the university under the guidance of a faculty member at the university.
- The student should be in their junior or senior year during the 2013 - 2014 academic year.
- JSA will provide the funds to the University to pay the student through their student employment program. The assistantship will not provide support for tuition, fees and other such expenses.
- The amount of the support will be $7500 plus up to $1500 for a visit to the Lab.
- The student will submit a brief description of the project at the end of the assistantship.
How to Apply:
Nominations must be submitted by the faculty sponsor before the student may apply. After the faculty member has nominated a student, the student will be sent an email with the with the link to the form to be completed. Please submit nominations by Friday, April 5, 2013. Please have your sponsor contact, Yvonne Cutler for the link to the Sponsor Nomination Form:
Jefferson Science Associates
628 Hofstadter Rd., Suite 2
Newport News, VA 23606