JSA Minority/Female Undergraduate Research Assistantship (MURA)
Jefferson Lab is seeking candidates for a research assistantship from an accredited university to provide an opportunity for a minority or female undergraduate student to work on projects that are part of the Lab's research program or directly related to the scientific or engineering aspects of the research program. JSA will provide funds to support the student at the university during the 2014 - 2015 academic year. This project is supported by the JSA Initiatives Fund Program, a commitment from the JSA owners, SURA and PAE Applied Technologies. Initiatives Funds support programs, initiatives, and activities that further the scientific outreach, promote the science, education and technology of the Jefferson Lab and benefit the Lab's extended user community in ways that complement the Lab's basic and applied research missions.
The funds are to support a student on a project related to research at Jefferson Lab.
- The student will work at the university under the guidance of a faculty member at the university.
- The student should be in their junior or senior year during the 2014 – 2015 academic year.
- JSA will provide the funds to the University to pay the student through their student employment program. The assistantship will not provide support for tuition, fees and other such expenses.
- The amount of the support will be $7500 plus up to $1500 for a visit to the Lab.
- The student will submit a brief description of the project at the end of the assistantship.
How to Apply
Nominations must be submitted by the faculty sponsor before the student may apply. After the faculty member has nominated a student, the student will be sent an email with with the link to the form to be completed.
Please submit nominations by Friday, May 2, 2014.
If you have any questions please contact:
Jefferson Science Associates
628 Hofstadter Rd., Suite 2
Newport News, VA 23606
This project is supported by the JSA Initiatives Fund Program, an annual commitment from the JSA owners, SURA and PAE, to support programs, initiatives, and activities that further the scientific outreach, and promote the science, education and technology missions of Jefferson Lab and benefit the Lab user community.