NROTC Program Applications and Scholorships
Minority Serving Institution (MSI) Scholarship Program
The Minority Serving Institution Scholarship Reservation (MSISR) is available to all students, regardless of race, who wish to attend Norfolk State University or Hampton University and who meet the requirements listed below. The primary objective of MSI Scholarship Program is to attract Black and Hispanic students with academic potential who have yet to demonstrate performance in a college environment or who have completed less than 30 credits at the college / university level with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 overall and a grade of "C" or better in all courses taken. Students with any past or present affiliation to any Navy commissioning program are not eligible for an MSI scholarship. This scholarship will pay for tuition, $375 per semester toward books, and a $250 - $400 dollar per month stipend for up to four years of academic study. (Increases by $50 each year)
Eligibility Requirements for MSI Scholarship
- Have no past affiliation with the NROTC program
- Can apply as a senior in high school or freshman in college
(with less than 30 credits)
- Proven high school or college performance
- Standardized test minimum scores
- SAT: 520 Math, 530 Critical Reading
- ACT: 21 Math, 22 English
- If any college credit - must have cumulative GPA of 2.75 and grades of "C" or better in all courses taken
Physical Requirements for HBC Scholarship
- Must be in good overall health. Applicants must be able to participate in strenuous physical activity and not have any contagious disease, illness or history of injury that will or is likely to require medical care or restriction of participation during training exercises or physical readiness testing.
- Selectees may not be placed on scholarship until determined to be physically qualified by Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board (DODMERB) or granted a physical qualification waiver by CNET
- Scholarship applicants must complete the online National application at www.nrotc.navy.mil and forward a copy to NROTC Unit Hampton Roads.
- Certifications and Statements of Understanding for Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps Applications (pdf) »
- Debarment Statement (pdf) »
- Drug Statement (pdf) »
- NROTC Applicant Fitness Assessment (pdf) »
Official copies of test scores and transcripts must be included with submission of your application.
Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
School of Science - Naval Science Dept.
Hampton, VA 23668
Frederick C. Branch Leadership Scholarship
The Frederick C. Branch Scholarship is a Marine Corps NROTC Scholarship Opportunity open to students planning to attend a participating Historically Black College or University. The scholarship is named after Frederick C. Branch, the first African American Marine Corps Officer. There are Four, Three, and Two Year scholarships available. The Four-Year program is open to civilians and Marines and the three and two year program is open to civilians that are attending or have been accepted and will attend a NROTC affiliated HBCU. Any eligible male or female of any race or ethnic background may be awarded a Frederick C. Branch Scholarship.
Students interested in the Frederick C. Branch scholarship should contact their local Marine Corps recruiter for more information and to initiate the process.