Naval Science Department:
NROTC Recruiter Email:
NROTC Recruiter Telephone:
Department of Naval Science
Become an officer in the United States Navy or Marine Corps. Specific benefits include:
- College Scholarship (Full Tuition)
- Monthly Stipend of up to $400
- Camaraderie in an elite organization of students
- Navy commissary and medical benefits
- Hands-on training aboard warships, aircraft, and submarines
- Guaranteed job, frequent advancement, and substantial pay raises
- World-wide travel
The mission of the NROTC program is to provide professional training to students who want to serve as commissioned officers in the United States Navy or Marine Corps. Participation in the NROTC program is voluntary, and any student who meets the qualifications is eligible.
With the NROTC program, you pursue a degree in your chosen field. You will learn about leadership and the Navy and Marine Corps. Each summer you will see the fleet while serving aboard ships and squadrons during a month-long cruise. At graduation you receive a commission as an Ensign in the United States Navy or a Second Lieutenant in the Marine Corps.
There are many scholarship opportunities available to highlymotivated Hampton students. Acceptance is based on the applicant's potential to meet the mental, physical, and moral standards required of a Commissioned Officer in the United States Navy or Marine Corps.