"Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Albert Einstein
Good teaching and leading edge research are cornerstones of the School of Science. With partners such as NASA, investigators in the Department of Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences launched the AIM (Aeronomy in the Mesosphere) weather satellite, the first mission in the nation to be fully controlled by a Historically Black College/University (HBCU). Advancements in medical technologies in the Center for Advanced Medical Instrumentation (CAMI) in the Physics Department spawned the Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute, the world's largest freestanding proton therapy cancer treatment facility, located in Hampton, Virginia. Scientists receive funding and research awards from the National Science Foundation (NSF); the National Institutes of Health (NIH); the Department of Defense (DOD); the Department of Energy (DOE); the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA); the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI); the Keck Foundation and other agencies. We welcome and invite you to explore and learn more in our innovative laboratories of discovery.
- Hampton University Receives NIH Grant to Study Treatment for Infectious Diseases
- The Hampton University Department of Biological Sciences has been awarded a $900,000 grant from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to develop vascular protection against select pathogens.
- HU Professor Receives International Young Scientist Award
- Dr. Jia Yue, research assistant professor in the Hampton University Department of Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences has been awarded the Scientific Committee On Solar-Terrestrial Physics (SCOSTEP) Distinguished Young Scientist Award.
- More News»
- 19th Annual School of Science Research Symposium - "Mathematics: The Foundation of Research and Innovation"
- Annual White Coat Ceremony
- 18th Annual School of Science Research Symposium - "STEP-UP: Moving Toward A Research University"
- View photos from the event »