"Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Albert Einstein
Good teaching and leading edge research are cornerstones of the School of Science. With partners such as NASA, investigators in the Department of Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences launched the AIM (Aeronomy in the Mesosphere) weather satellite, the first mission in the nation to be fully controlled by a Historically Black College/University (HBCU). Advancements in medical technologies in the Center for Advanced Medical Instrumentation (CAMI) in the Physics Department spawned the Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute, the world's largest freestanding proton therapy cancer treatment facility, located in Hampton, Virginia. Scientists receive funding and research awards from the National Science Foundation (NSF); the National Institutes of Health (NIH); the Department of Defense (DOD); the Department of Energy (DOE); the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA); the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI); the Keck Foundation and other agencies. We welcome and invite you to explore and learn more in our innovative laboratories of discovery.
- Wednesday, December, 2, 12:00pm
- Bo Zhang (NIA)
Location: Phenix Hall
Contact: Dr. Kunio Sayanagi, 757-728-6745
- Communicative Sciences & Disorders Dept. Will Train 24 Graduate Students to Work in High Poverty Schools
- The Hampton University Department of
Communicative Sciences and Disorders has received a $1.2 million
grant to train minority scholars to work in high poverty
- HU Chair of the Dept. of Communicative Sciences and Disorders Named ASHA Fellow
- Dr. Dorian Lee-Wilkerson, Chairperson of the
Hampton University Department of Communicative Sciences and
Disorders, has been named a Fellow of the American Speech-Language
and Hearing Association (ASHA). This prestigious honor will be
recognized during an Awards Ceremony at the Association's National
Convention, which will be held Nov. 12-14 in Denver, Colorado.
- More News»
- NanoHU Visits the Barron Fundamental Elementary School
- 19th Annual School of Science Research Symposium - "Mathematics: The Foundation of Research and Innovation"
- Annual White Coat Ceremony
- 18th Annual School of Science Research Symposium - "STEP-UP: Moving Toward A Research University"
- View photos from the event »